Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: NC, TN, SC, GA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $8 – $25
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 30, 2022
Direct link to offer
- United Community Bank is offering a bonus of up to $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code Checking200
- Receive cumulative direct deposits of at least $2,000 within 90 days of account opening
- Complete 10 or more purchases using your new United Community Bank MastercardTM debit card within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Customers must qualify for the account, make the required minimum opening deposit, and have met the following criteria by the end of an initial 90-day qualification period, beginning the day the account is opened, in order to receive the $200 welcome offer: 1) Receive cumulative direct deposits of at least $2,000 which includes salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income. Internal and external account transfers, deposits made at banking locations, by mobile deposits and ATM deposits do not qualify as a direct deposit; AND 2) complete 10 or more debit card purchases. Recurring debit card transactions do not qualify.
- Transactions must post to the account within the 90-day qualification period. ATM withdrawals do not qualify. Monthly service charges and other miscellaneous fees may apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- United checking has a $8 monthly fee that can’t be waived.
- United signature checking has a $25 monthly fee. This is waived with any of the following:
- $15,000 Minimum Daily Balance5 -OR-
- $25,000 Combined Deposit Balance5 -OR-
- $50,000 Combined Outstanding Consumer Loans5 -OR-
- Relationship with United Community Advisory Services or United Community Mortgage Services5
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any EATF.
It’s annoying that it is so difficult to keep the account fee free, it might be worth just paying the $8 monthly fee if there is no early account termination fee. We also don’t know if it’s a hard/soft pull so won’t add it to the best bank bonus page yet.
Hat tip to reader Jo
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times